Monday, April 21, 2014

Out of Seoul @ Ativo Plaza, Bandar Sri Damansara

안녕하세요!
Today I will be blogging about my favourite Korean food again! The moment I found out that there would be a Korean cafe in my neighbourhood, I squeaked in happiness like a little girl who had received a Barbie doll as her present \(^ㅇ^ )/ 푸하하~. Most of the Korean restaurants can only be found in area like Mont Kiara, Sri Hartamas or at my hubby's place, Ampang and those places are a tad too far to travel. So the opening of 'Out of Seoul' Korean cafe at Ativo Plaza is definitely a good news for Korean food fanatics like meeeeeee ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ, 한식짱이에요!

(((ㅇ(**)ㅇ)))
The idea of the cafe's name 'Out of Seoul' which is derived from 'out of soul' sounds creative to me! I love Seoul and hopefully I will be visiting Seoul very soon! v( ^ _ ^v)♪ Spot Namsam tower among the buildings on top of the coffee cup? It's one of my must-visit places in Seoul!

It was only opened recently on 16th April 2014. I guess I'm one of the very first to blog about this Korean cafe. Ngehehehe. *\0/*

Thus explains the flower stands but this flower stand given by a dental clinic nearby writes 'Congratulations to Out of Soul' instead of 'Out of Seoul'. Not sure if this is a genuine intention or a mistake done deliberately. ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

Menu made from rough brown paper. Not sure if they are going to come out with a new menu in the future as they are just newly opened. Most restaurants did change to a new menu after weeks of opening though.

The thing I love the most in this cafe is their colourful furnitures! Every chair and table is different and the vibrant colour choice definitely lifts your mood up whenever you enter the cafe d(^_^)b. I love cafes with cute concepts and for cafes to stand out from the crowd, a distinguished concept is a must!

Not to mention a cute background with I-don't-know-how-many round placemats?

The best part is the cafe is located at 2nd floor where you can look out of the glass windows and enjoy the beautiful neighbourhood of Bandar Sri Damansara. Haha. 

My mom! Brought my family out for dinner today!


Although I was going to order main courses for dinner today, Out of Seoul offers coffee and tea (and next time hopefully cakes!) to cater for the increasing number of coffee lovers in Malaysia as well!

Outdoor coffee tables and chairs. Told ya every furniture here looks different. =D

Awkwardness! Haha. See what is written on the flower stand? 푸하하~

I love the design of this down light as well.

Creative use of the piping! Magazine and book rack it is!

Reminds me of the tinman from Wizard of Oz.

A beautiful night scenery of Seoul!!! Ahhhhh my dream place!

Okay seriously running out of captions now and there are still tons of pictures of the cafes before the food pictures.  ^ㅇ^






We ordered Korean style tea to quench our thirst! Korean mulberry and brown rice green tea. Next time I will be ordering their coffee instead.





Alright, here comes our food! 

Daddy's Kimchi Ramyeon. They are very generous with their side ingredients such as kimchi, chicken meat, mushrooms, fishcakes and others. The portion did look impressive with the enormous bowl and daddy was forced to share it with me.

Another closer look of it. The Kimchi noodle was nicely cooked but I secretly wished that the spiciness level can be increased. Personally I prefer Kimchi Ramyeon that makes you break out in sweat throughout the meal. I guess they tone down the spiciness to cater for the local consumers? This dish would be a bowl-licking material if the level of spiciness is adjusted.

Mummy's Kimchi fried rice served with side dishes such as Kimchi and fermented cucumbers with carrots.

It's a nicely cooked Kimchi fried rice but again I would like to have some more spiciness added into it. I guess I'm too used to the spiciness of Korean food in Ampang.

Lastly, my not-that-spicy Korean spicy chicken set! The chicken was really tender and juicy and the rice is perfection. This dish is on a pricey side which costs me more than RM20 so order only if you are feeling particularly rich that day. Or else you can opt for other price-friendly dishes instead. ㅠ_ㅠ

That's all for today's Korean foodie post! Thanks for reading! 감사합니다!

Location: Above Kenny Rogers Roasters at Ativo Plaza, Bandar Sri Damansara
Address: Lot B-F-1 Block B No.1 Jalan PJU 9/1 Damansara Avenue, Bandar Sri Damansara, PJU 9, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Tel: 012-6051730

My food verdict: A good hangout place for coffee or tea drinking. Food is average taste wise but presentation is good. Price wise reasonable except for a couple of dishes.

by
CSY

2 comments:

Nur said...

hello :) do you know if it is halal or not?

admin said...

Hi dear, thanks for reading. The Korean food here is pork free =)