Monday, April 7, 2014

Guardian - My Date With Beauty

Hi readers! I know I rarely blog about beauty-related events which I seldom join. Well, I'm not even qualified to be a beauty blogger to begin with. However, the Great Guardian Makeover is one of the events that I have joined recently in an effort to claim the beauty blogger title haha. Ehem, actually the truth is I decided to join the event because the venue was near my place and I was so tempted by the makeover session.

The Great Guardian Makeover is a beauty event organised by Guardian, the leading pharmacy, health and beauty retail chain in Malaysia, to make ladies feel good from the inside out. The yearly event started since 2008, and has been very successful till now. Themed "My Date with Beauty", this year's Great Guardian Makeover was held at One Utama Shopping Centre. Bloggers of the event were given a makeover by A Cut Above Academy, a super awesome goodies bag, a RM50 Guardian voucher and a personalized photo to bring home.

Besides media bloggers, there are benefits for walk-in customers too as customers who purchased RM20 and above including one participating brand in a single reciept were also entitled to one makeover ticket at RM10 to join the Great Guardian Makeover Event. Each Makeover Ticket entitled the customer to a makeover session, a photo session and a goody bag. 18 brands participated in this year's event including L'Oreal Paris, Maybelline New York, Alcon, Avene, Bio Essence, BioGrow Oat BG22, Biore, Blackmores, Brands, Dermatix, Enchanteur, Hada Labo, Nano White, Neutrogena, Nivea, Oslee, Palmer's and Safi.

That's true that's true haha.

This year's theme colour was obviously pink.

A group of energetic dancers in vibrant outfit to heat up the atmosphere by dancing to William Pharrell's hit song, 'Happy'. I guess the purpose is to bring up the important message of being happy with just the way you are.

Shake it shake it.

Stylists from A Cut Above Academy are also included in the group photo session with the representatives of Guardian Malaysia and the dancers.

Representatives from Guardian Malaysia and various participating brands.

Photobooth for the participants pose with cute and funny props. In conjunction with the Great Guardian Makeover, there are also two online contests - a Photobox contest on Facebook and an Instagram contest. The contest period is from 5th April to 30th April. For the Photobox contest, participants are to pose creatively with the given props at this photobooth, LIKE the Guardian facebook page and look for your photo in the "Photo Box Contest" album. Tag yourself on the photo and upload it as your Facebook profile picture. The lucky winner wins a Designer Bag worth RM1,640.

<3 <3 <3

On the Instagram Contest, participants need to follow Guardian on Instagram at #guardianmalaysia, snap a selfie and submit the photo and in not more than 20 words tell Guardian "What makes you beautiful". Tag @guardianmalaysia and #GuardianBeauties and you are on your way to win a Designer Bag worth RM1,140.

Kawaii model introducing new Japanese haircare product.

Maybelline booth!

Took a picture with a hairstylist who decided to straighten my hair with slight inward curves at the end. I love it when my hair is sleek and shiny after straightening without the annoying fuzziness.

Media bloggers are invited to Dave Deli's for a refreshment session. I was delighted to see my favourite Foot Long Sausage on the menu. I used to order this whenever I went to Dave Deli's when I was young.

Generous portion of sausage, mashed potatoes, garden salad and coleslaw.

Look at my sleek and shining hair! Does it remind you of Cheong Soong Yi from the hit Korean drama 'You Who Came From Another Star'? Haha I know I'm far from it but I just mad love this hairstyle. Too bad it would't stay the same without me putting the effort to learn how to manage and style my hair.

Group selfie with Christy and Shermin after the makeover session.

Coffee with Christy at Seven Cups, Damansara Perdana. The Hot Mocha that Christy ordered was surprisingly good! It tastes like bitter sweet dark chocolate if you know what I mean ; ) Would love to order this again the next time I drop by =)

Hot chocolate for me to avoid the caffeine intoxication.

Love the blue wallpaper at the back which matches well with my outfit. Haha.

The rest are some random photoshoot of the new commercial area situated at Damansara Perdana.

#OOTD Blue denim jacket, military singlet and leather pants from House of Humerus.

Do you like my 'emo' themed photoshoot? Christy said it looked like some horror movie poster and named it 'The Unrented' Haha.


 Lastly, it's time to reveal the contents of the awesome goodies bag that we had received earlier at the event. Tadaa! Was surprised by the generosity and the variety of items given. =) Thanks Guardian Malaysia and Butterfly Project Malaysia for the opportunity to receive such great products.

My favourite items from the goodies bag would be Oslee Honey Sugar Mask (skin does feel really smooth and the pores are less visible after application), Palmer's Hydrating Gel Lotion, Blackmores supplements, Avene's Skin Whitening Range and L'Oreal Shampoo for colour damaged hair.

That's all for today!

by
CSY

2 comments:

Shermin said...

Hi, Joey! Shermin here!
Can email our selfie to me? Thank you

szemun29@gmail.com

Unknown said...

Awesome day , I wish I can join event like that and you're so lucky that you get lots of goodies
Gig love
Angiebeautydiaries.blogspot.com