Sunday, April 21, 2013

Learning Korean

안녕하세요!
My biggest, biggest wish ever was to be able to learn and speak Korean language fluently. I remembered being envious of people who can speak Korean fluently, especially in situations where they are able to converse with Koreans. At that point of time I was secretly hoping that someday I can be like them too. Imagine watching Korean drama and variety shows without subtitles, understanding Korean song lyrics without english translation etc etc.

Thanks to hubby and his friends, my wish is finally granted *wipe non-existing tears of joy* as hubby and I have recently signed up for Korean language class at Maru Language Education Centre. Now I'm one big step closer towards my dream of backpacking tour to Korea (knowing the language is quite essential if you want to travel without a tour guide or agency in Korea). Yesterday was my first Korean language class and I have to say I sincerely enjoyed it. I guess when you are passionate about learning something, the whole learning process becomes fun and that's when you know you enjoy learning something. Inserts quote of the day: learning a language is the only way to completely understand another’s culture from their perspective. I couldn't agree more with this! =)

Had to write down the address of the Korean language centre so we could locate it easily. The centre is located at the row of shophouses behind The One Academy, Bandar Sunway. So it's really convenient for us as we can have our meal/shopping at Sunway Shopping Mall after the class.

Tadaa Hubby and I manage to found the centre!

The Korean words on the board says something like welcome and nice to meet you I guess? Haha.

This is how the centre looks like once we entered. Feeling excited already! The centre feels so cosy and homey!

Maru is the name of the language centre.

Our classroom! 1A Kyou-Sil (教室).

A small classroom which can accommodate up to 24 students. Of course there are other classrooms as well for advanced levels students.

Our very first class would be learning the Korean consonants and vowels and how to pronounce them accurately as taught by our Korean teacher. The duration of the class is one hour and a half but time passes really quickly here.

Our studybook and workbook.

Hubby, Rachel and Meiyen. Rachel is the one introducing us to this centre.

Hubby and I ♥.

Picture of me with the very young Korean teacher from Korea of course. That's me posing with the Gwiyomi gestures. =P

Korean letters chart.

The centre also sells Korean food and beverages.

That's all about my very first Korean language class! Will blog more about the future classes and also how I progress from a beginner to intermediate and hopefully one day I can even blog in Korean! We shall see about that! Haha.
안녕히 계세요!

by
CSY

No comments: