Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Clinical Placement at Terengganu Part 2 - Pantai Batu Buruk

Yay! Another post about Terengganu! As I have mentioned in my previous Terengganu post (link here: part 1), the five of us manage to find accommodation near the beach which is also known as Pantai Batu Buruk. Pantai Batu Buruk literally means beach of the ugly stones. It is the main attraction of Kuala Terengganu as it is located near the town, the hospital and our homestay. There are many beach activities at the beach such as kite flying, pony riding and two-wheel driving. It is also where you can find the famous Nasi Dagang and Nasi Kerabu which I shall blog in my next post. =D

On my way to the beach. I heard that Batu Buruk is Kuala Terengganu's Mont Kiara or Desa Park City so you can see many nicely renovated bungalows near the beach. Moreover, the beach is also where Sultan Terengganu's mother and the state's ketua hakim reside. Very expensive area indeed.

Although it was supposed to be Monsoon season when we arrived, the sun is extremely bright and we had to shield ourselves with umbrella most of the time. The typical heavy monsoon rain only came when it was around the start of December. Apparently, news reported that flood was everywhere in the east coast once we had left Terengganu in late December. We were lucky as we did not have to deal with the flood and heavy pour. 

Weeeeee stepped foot on the sandy beach. The sand is not as fine as those from Pulau Redang but still walking on the beach with bare foot is a must!

Footprints everywhere!

Many local people spending their leisure time on the beach. Those tiny black dots in the sky were flying kites!

The waves. Shaaaa Shuu Shaaaa Shuu.

Happy me! I remember I wore the same shirt when I went to Pork Dickson with bestie Hui Ming which was the last time I went to a beach before Pantai Batu Burok.

Not forgetting to leave a love message to hubby! CSY ♡ CYK

That's all about Pantai Batu Buruk! Next post will be about the famous food in Terengganu, Nasi Dagang and Nasi Kerabu, Chinatown, Pasar Payang and my fun experience in the hospital. Stay tune!


by
CSY

2 comments:

domokun said...

hahahaha yaya u wore the same top. haha and i remember i gave you that wing ring that day lol

admin said...

yeappp! most memorable spontaneous trip ever! haha