Thursday, August 8, 2013

Benefits of Breakfast

What are you having for your breakfast or brunch? I love being up early just to make my own healthy breakfast because it keeps me happy and energized throughout the day. If I have to eat out, I will choose the healthier options from the menu.

Not skipping breakfast also benefits you in many ways.
1. Weight control. 
A 2003 study in the American Journal of Epidemiology showed that people who skip breakfast are 4.5 times more likely to be obese than those who take a morning meal.

2. Boost short-term memory.
Eating high-energy foods for breakfast could help to boost short-term memory, according to a study of 319 teens (between ages 13 and 20) in theJournal of Adolescent Health. 

3. Keeps you energized.
Eating a breakfast that's high in fiber and carbohydrates could help you feel less tired throughout the day, according to a 1999 study inthe International Journal of Food Sciences and Nutrition.

So do not skip breakfast thinking that you will be cutting some calories and become leaner! Breakfast is a good opportunity to eat a whole big plate of nutritious food which will then make you eat less during lunch and dinner.

Fruits granola with yogurt at L.Table, Lavenders at One Utama. I was very happy when my granola was served! Not only that it looks good, it's nutritious and tastes good too! What a lovely meal to start my day =).

Hubby's Iced Chocolate. Do I look good in my new sweater? Love the colour combination.

Hot Matcha for me. ^^

 Hubby! Wish I can spend more time with him <3. 

 Hubby's beef burger.  

That's all for today's short update!

by
CSY

No comments: