Thursday, June 13, 2013

Mr. Lim Korean BBQ Restaurant @ Desa Sri Hartamas

It's not hard to find genuine Korean Restaurants in Malaysia thanks to the many Koreans who came to Malaysia for work or education. According to the Star's statistics, there are currently 20,000 Koreans living in Malaysia and most of them are in Klang Valley. Mont Kiara, Hartamas and Ampang are the three places with large Korean population and eventually these places became Malaysia's 'Little Korea' with Korean Restaurants mushrooming everywhere.

Like I said, I never had a hard time finding a Korean Restaurant and I have a list titled 'Korean Restaurants to be visited in 2013' to clear. You can click here to browse all the Korean Restaurants that I have visited in the past.

On my daddy's big birthday, I decided to bring my family to 미스터림 레스토랑(Mr. Lim Korean BBQ Restaurant) for a mini celebration. I've read many good reviews about it so I had high hopes for this particular 레스토랑 (Restaurant).

P/S: Sorry I just have to insert random 한국어(Korean words) from now on. Haha.

 The restaurant is at the same row with KFC. You can hardly miss the eye-catching red signage and LED signs.  


 Daddy and mummy waiting for the dishes to be served.

 So let's take a photo while waiting!

 It feels like one of those Korean drama scenes where the Korean office workers will gather to have dinner after work.

 My beloved parents! Happy Birthday to daddy! (This is a procrastinated blog post as my daddy's birthday was two months ago)

The restaurant was packed with Korean customers and it made me felt like a foreigner. Looks like this restaurant could be local Korean's favourite.

 Again, we always have to start with our favourite 반찬 (side dishes) when it comes to Korean cuisine. The 김치 (Kimchi) here is good enough with moderate level of spiciness and sourness.

 The rest of the 반찬 (side dishes) including the complimentary steamed egg. I looooove steamed egg!

 Marinated Pork BBQ! Delicious! There's hardly a Korean BBQ dish which doesn't taste good so I won't elaborate more. You just have to experiment with different restaurants to know your preference. Currently, Zen Korean BBQ Restaurant is my favourite but I have found another Korean Restaurant which might be even better. Will try that out soon.

 Again, 삼겹쌀 (three-layered pork belly) rarely disappoints. The even layers of meat, fat and meat indicates it's a high quality pork belly. The ecstatic part of eating pork belly is when the fat melts in your mouth with each bite.

 Feels so good when the meat sizzles!

 My favourite dish would be 잡채 (Stir-Fried Sweet Potato Noodles). I love how the noodles are coated with sesame oil which makes this dish so irresistible.

Crowd's favourite, 김치찌개 (Kimchi Stew). It's not exceptionally good though.


Overall, the food here are reasonably good but the service could have been better. The waitresses weren't attentive enough and they looked worn out. Not sure if it only happened when we visited or it has always been like this. It's also a slight disappointment that we were not asked for any side dishes refills. Quite paiseh to ask for refill myself. I still prefer Ampang Korean Restaurants for my next Korean meal. 

Address:
Mr. Lim Korean BBQ Restaurant
5G Jalan 26A/70A Primaville, Desa Sri Hartamas, Kuala Lumpur.

by
CSY

No comments: